Sunday, August 17, 2008

October came early this year

October came early this year. Like, on August 15th! Actually, we had a few days of sunny, warm weather in Germany but August has been mostly cold and dreary. It started raining last week and on Friday, it rained cats and dogs most of the day. MK and I were supposed to leave on Friday afternoon to go camping and canoeing in Grafenwoehr with our Girl Scout troop. But, my co-leader and I decided to postpone our trip and held a sleepover at the GS Hut instead. Saturday was sunny but cold. And today is Sunday and I am still freezing. When we headed to Mass this morning, the temperature was 56 degrees Fahrenheit and hasn't gotten much warmer since then! The bushes in my yard can't decide what to do. Some of them are already starting to turn colors and drop their leaves. Some bushes just want to keep growing. So, really, we are already experiencing October. I wonder what October is going to be like this year.

1 comment:

M said...

I hope this doesn't mean October is going to be like December! I love this fall weather... We haven't had much rain, but the temps have been cool, and it's been nice. I don't want it to get any colder.